We arrange regular events for families such as picnics and special interest talks on topics such as toileting, speech development and gross motor skill development.
- Gumnuts Vivid celebration emerged from our close vicinity geographically to Sydney City and the children sharing their family experiences of this festival of light, art, sculpture and music
- All 3 rooms contributed collaborative light installations and individual artworks as we transformed our centre and outdoor environment to a magical world of light.
- It was an opportunity to showcase and celebrate the children’s art and investigations of light, shadow and projection.
Bring your family, friends and children to explore our magical gardens, wonderful tree house and specially designed learning spaces.
- Free family portraits by professional photographer, Alex Brown.
- Creative play for the little ones including kinetic sand, face painting, biscuit making and baking.
- Meet our educators and learn about bush kindy in Centennial Park, our indigenous connections and our early learning philosophy.
- Please join us for a cuppa and a delicious morning tea prepared by our resident chef.
Deborah Daley and Kate Thompson, Paediatric Physiotherapists at the Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick, gave a talk covering:
- Paediatric physiotherapists’ work, the conditions they see and the role they play in managing these conditions
- The timeline of development of children’s motor skills from 6 months to 6 years, including fine motor and speech/communications
- An over view of the National Physical Activity Recommendations for children 0-5 year, tips for active play in various environments and the benefits of an active family lifestyle
Charmain Bryant will give a talk on:
- Day wetting
- Night wetting
- Toilet training
- How to recognise problems